The Rotary Club of Pimentel, Duarte in the Dominican Republic partnered with the Rotary Club of Indian Rocks Beach to provide 250 edible fruit bearing trees to the towns of Pimentel, Los Cachones and Castillo in the Duarte province of the Dominican Republic. Rotary International President Ian Risely has challenged every Rotary club around the world to plant a tree for each of its members.
We woke up early on Sunday morning and set out in the rain to plant trees at Community Action Stops Abuse (CASA). Our motivated members finished in record time, and now the men and women who use the bus shelter will have some shade to keep them comfortable.
Club President Fintan Vargas took some amazing video of the Taste of IRB on Saturday! You can see the event from the air and close-up on the ground. Chic-A-Si Park was crowded, and everyone looked to be having a great time!
We were there to talk to people about rotary and everything we do for the community, and to let people know about our Big Game Raffle Fundraiser… and, of course, to sample some of the fine restaurants from our community!
The Big Game Raffle is coming up on December 10. This is our biggest fundraiser of the year, and it’s a great opportunity to both contribute to good causes and have a chance to win a trip to football’s biggest game in Minneapolis this February!
If you don’t have tickets, contact a member of the club. And mark your calendars for the Grand Prize Drawing Party at Slyce Pizza at 311 Gulf Blvd, Indian Rocks Beach on December 10th!
Please note, you do not have to be present to win – but we have a great time every year, so we hope to celebrate with you there!
- December 3rd – 1PM – Holiday Street Parade
- December 9th – 8AM – Volunteer opportunity at Habitat for Humanity Build
- December 9th – Holiday Party
- December 10th – 2:30 to 5:30 PM – BIG GAME RAFFLE DRAWING PARTY at Slyce 311 Gulf Blvd. Indian Rocks Beach like our Facebook page and watch the live drawing!
- December 13th – 5 to 9:15 PM – Volunteer opportunity at The Florida Botanical Gardens.
- December 13th – 8AM – Volunteer opportunity at Habitat for Humanity Build
- December 16th – 7 PM – 31st Annual City of Indian Rocks Beach Lighted Boat Parade